Could Your Business Benefit From A Commercial Water Filtration System?
Water filters and softeners aren’t just for homes; there are countless commercial and industrial businesses in North Carolina that require pure, clean water. A commercial water filtration system does more than just provide employees and visitors great-tasting drinking water. These large filtration systems can ensure that the water used for manufacturing, cleaning, disinfecting, and food preparation is free of impurities.
Common Water Problems
Do you know whether your business needs a water filtration system? Here are some of the most common issues that affect a building’s water:
- Hardness: Hard water includes dissolved minerals, compounds, and elements. These impurities can leave deposits on fixtures, reduce the effectiveness of soap and cleaning products, and leave laundry dingy and gray.
- pH level: The pH level of a solution is a measure of the concentration of free hydrogen and hydroxyl ions. Many industrial processes can be affected by water that is too acidic or basic. Pure water has a pH of 7, meaning it is neutral.
- Dissolved solids: Water from wells and municipal systems often contains dissolved organic matter, salts, minerals, and metals. These can harm commercial and industrial equipment and affect the quality of food and beverages prepared with the contaminated water.
Most water, even that which comes from a municipal source, contains impurities that can compromise commercial and industrial processes. Common contaminants can also affect the color, odor, and taste of the drinking water that’s provided to employees and clients who visit the building.
Commercial Applications That Require Pure Water
Many commercial and industrial applications require a reliable source of clean, filtered water:
- Restaurants/commercial kitchens: Dishwashers, coffee makers, ice machines, and food preparation processes
- Industrial/manufacturing plants: Cooling towers, heat exchangers, and plumbing
- Hotels: Ice machines, laundry facilities, swimming pools, and spas/saunas
- Hospitals/healthcare facilities: Cleaning and disinfecting protocols, drinking water, and laundry facilities
- Beverage brewing facilities: Cleaning, sanitation, and ingredient preparation
- Offices/customer-facing businesses: Drinking water and ice, coffee and tea preparation, and dishwashing in employee kitchens
Having a reliable water filtration system is especially important in commercial applications where impure water could ruin equipment and expose employees/clients to illness.
Types of Commercial Water Filtration Systems
There are three main types of commercial water filters.
- UV filters: As the name implies, a UV filter kills harmful contaminants in the water using ultraviolet light. This method is often used to eliminate bacteria from drinking water.
- Carbon filters: A carbon filter uses activated carbon to attract and capture contaminants including chlorine, pesticides, iron, hydrogen sulfide, and manganese, all of which can make water unpleasant or even unsafe to consume.
- Reverse osmosis filters: This type of filter uses pressure to force water through a semipermeable membrane that captures contaminants and allows pure water molecules to pass through. It can effectively filter out bacteria, fluoride, nitrates, viruses, and protozoa.
Some commercial filtration systems incorporate more than one type of filter. To find out which commercial water filter is right for your business, contact us for a free water analysis.
Advantages of Installing a Water Filtration System
There are several benefits you can count on when you add a commercial water filter to your operation:
- Clean, good-tasting drinking water
- Longer equipment lifespan
- Easier cleaning and sanitation
- Better system performance/production capacity
- Increased quality of food and beverages
- Reduced risk of contamination and illness
- Less corrosion in pipes and infrastructure
Protect your employees, operations, and equipment from the risks of impure water with a commercial filtration system.
Enjoy the Benefits of Pure, Delicious Water for Your Business
No matter what type of business you have, it’s essential to make sure the water that you use is pure and free of contaminants. Commercial water filtration systems are designed to remove harmful substances from water on a large scale, giving you access to clean water for manufacturing, cleaning, food preparation, and other applications.
At Dr. Johns H2O, we provide a wide range of commercial water filtration systems to clients in Winston-Salem, Greensboro, and all across North Carolina. We can offer the right one for your office, restaurant, or industrial plant. When you call our team, you can speak to an expert who can help you determine which system is best for you. To schedule a free water analysis service, call our office at 336-852-2525 or fill out the form below.